Friday, May 9, 2008

Favorite Product Friday #10

This week's favorite product is the Baby Bjorn Soft Bib.


My mom bought me this bib and I fell in love with the after the first use. You're probably thinking really? Aren't all bibs the same? I would have to say no. My daughter has a lot of oral feeding issues as a result of being fed entirely through a feeding tube for many months. The concept of drinking from a bottle or putting anything in her mouth for any reason beyond checking it out has been long forgotten. So when we started trying out solids it was a huge mess because my daughter doesn't open her mouth no matter how hard you try (or how foolish you look). This means that the practically liquid food ends up everywhere. I had tried the flat plastic bibs but they didn't do anything compared to the Baby Bjorn Soft Bib.

This bib is nice because while it is soft - it keeps its shape so the little "bowl/shelf" at the bottom catches all the food that slides right off of the spoon. I also like it because it is very easy to wash. You just have to rinse it and all the food just slides right off. It also dries faster than its plastic counterparts. The adjustable neck is nice too because it will grow with your preemie.

Even if you preemie is eating well and opens his/her mouth nicely, I would still recommend this bib because kids will always be kids and somehow food ends up everywhere but their mouth.

Happy eating!

No comments: