Monday, July 14, 2008

Reminder - Summer Colds

Just a reminder for preemies and parents a like, just because it's summer and the weather is warm doesn't mean that you won't get a cold. Unfortunately I speak from current, first hand experience. After spending the entire RSV/winter season cold free, my son and I have come down with a nasty cold. It made me realize that I have been much more lax about hand washing after trips to the store and getting other people to use hand sanitizer when they come in. I've gotten myself back into "winter" mode in terms of germs so hopefully we can stay cold-free for the rest of summer.

If you're looking for ways to stay healthy, check out the Going Out and Great Soap Showdown posts for suggestions about keeping germ free.

Enjoy a warm and hopefully cold free summer!!

1 comment:

aline said...

so true! I have become lax about that as well and I can't believe how much dirt comes off our hands when we're washing. I got that fun character hand wash soaps and it makes it easier for my daughter to want to wash her hands!