Saturday, December 29, 2007

Pumping

If your baby was born prematurely and/or is in the NICU and you have decided to breastfeed, then chances are you may have to use a breast pump for an extended period of time (especially in the beginning). Both of my children weren't strong enough to breastfeed on a regular basis, so I ended up having to pump for almost a year with each of them. Luckily my Ob-gyn told me about a fabulous product that makes pumping much easier to tolerate.



It's the Easy Expression Bustier or Halter Top. Both of these products allow you to pump hands-free. Now you can eat your lunch, read a book, help your other child or get some work done while you are pumping. You can find them at most breastfeeding shops or online at various locations. I have used both versions and they work great! The Halter top is less expensive however if you’re going to be pumping at work, I would advise using the Bustier (pictured above) since you don’t have to take your shirt completely off to put it on and take it off.

No comments: